- It makes logging records of all faunal groups quick, easy and precise using Google Maps to indicate location.
- It makes recording less daunting for new recorders.
- It provides each recorder with his own personal records system to encourage review, correction and analysis.
- It provides a set of Google Maps distribution maps that display the recorder’s own records or all records entered, to inform and motivate the recorders.
- Vice-county Recorders (VCRs) can review and verify all records entered for their VCs within days of the sightings, setting each record to accept/query/reject as necessary. This spreads the workload evenly through the season and ensures that the VCR is up to date with the latest information.
- Recorders do their own data entry, relieving the VCR of this task.